Saturday, December 31, 2011

In The Year of our Lord 2011.....

This has been the most wonderful and difficult year of our lives: And we expect it to increase in just those ways in the next year!

God has blessed us greatly while trials, illnesses, hurts, and struggles have risen around our family. Unexpected joys and sorrows have surrounded us. But God is with us. Ruel and I were just saying yesterday that with as much trouble as Satan is taking to attack us, God must have great things in store for us to honor His name as holy to the nations. As much pain as these things has caused us, we are getting excited for God to be glorified!

We have been reading and praying through Ephesians 6:10-20 and Psalm 139 for the last two months, and plan on starting the new year this way as well. Join us as we look to God as our source of strength, confidence, protection, joy, and that we continue to allow Him to search our hearts to see what is human desire/stubbornness verses God's will. We pray the same for you as well.

I'll leave you with a Psalm that has comforted me greatly today. May 2012 be the year you let go, and let God.

Psalm 3


1Lord, how my foes increase!
There are many who attack me.
2Many say about me,
"There is no help for him in God." 
Selah
3But You, Lord, are a shield around me,
my glory, and the One who lifts up my head.
4I cry aloud to the Lord,
and He answers me from His holy mountain. 
Selah
5I lie down and sleep;
I wake again because the Lord sustains me.
6I am not afraid of the thousands of people
who have taken their stand against me on every side.
7Rise up, Lord!
Save me, my God!
You strike all my enemies on the cheek;
You break the teeth of the wicked.
8Salvation belongs to the Lord;
may Your blessing be on Your people. 
Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment