Monday, May 21, 2012

A Word

I'm having one of those days.

As I sat by the fire pit this morning burning an un-salvageable dresser while Ruel ran to Lowe's yet again for another expense in order to sell the house, I cried out to the Lord, "I don't want to do this any more. I'm tired and I miss just time with You not asking for something." With one eye on the billowing flames, one hand cradling my cup of tea, and no heart left, I rested my head on my Bible.
I needed a Word.

That's when I opened up to the Psalms. I figured if they could comfort David, they could comfort me.

This is what I read:

How lovely is Your dwelling place,
Lord of Hosts. 
 I long and yearn
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and flesh cry out for the living God.
 Even a sparrow finds a home,
and a swallow, a nest for herself
where she places her young—
near Your altars, Lord of Hosts,
my King and my God.... 
Happy are the people whose strength is in You,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
Psalm 84:1-3,5
Yea... He knew I needed to hear that.
Christ is my comfort, and He's moving with me.
God is my rock, and Ireland is still His dwelling place.
The Spirit is my guide, and He knows what I need here and abroad.

What more could I ask for?
Yes, it's turning out to be one of those day. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment